Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRock and Pop · 2 months ago

Can a woman become an iconic rockstar?

I’m asking this question because I’ve noticed that the majority of rock legends usually are men (Beatles, Queen, Nirvana, David Bowie, Iggy Pop, etc.).

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Patti Smith is regarded as the High Priestess of Punk. While Iggy Pop is often considered The Godfather.

Certainly women like Joan Jett and Tina Turner are truly rock icons as well. Among many others such as, Janis Joplin, Chrissie Hynde, Stevie Nicks, Debbie Harry, Linda Perry, Grace Slick, Suzi Quatro, etc.

• 2 months ago

Joni Mitchell is widely considered as a "female Dylan" for her many great songs with great lyrics that have had a very wide range of covers over the years by Crosby.Stills, Nash & Young, Nazareth, & many others.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Janis Joplin

Pat Benatar

Stevie Nicks

The Wilson sisters of Heart

Joan Jett

Debbie Harry of Blondie

Chrissie Hynde of the Pretenders

Tina Turner

Madonna

Linda Ronstadt

P!nk

Bonnie Raitt

Annie Lennox

Cyndi Lauper

The Bangles

The Go-Go's

• 2 months ago

Yes you can't be sexist

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Danny
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Those Bill said, plus Tina Turner, Stevie Nicks, Linda Ronstadt, Sheryl Crow, Melissa Etheridge, ... etc.

• Maggie
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Ann and Nancy Wilson (Heart)

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

It could be. But usually rock or metal are associated with being “macho” or “manly” so I guess men and their voice are more suitable with it.

• Bill
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Joan Jett, Pat Benatar, Janis Joplin, Grace Slick...

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.