Verulam asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 2 months ago

Is it time for YA to remove the TU/TDs option, or make it that anybody hitting the TD button has to state why? I ONLY use this if the?

information given is incorrect or dangerous. It seems kids on here just hit the button for the heck of it.

I think its time to implement a thumb sideways button. For us wishy washy types who both like and dislike an answer......Or at least sorta like it, but aren't really sure....or maybe the answer is technically right, but in the wrong context...or maybe a typo kind of takes away from it....or it doesn't....Actually, I don't really know for sure *thumbs sideways*

• Verulam

...... because this answer made me laugh.

• audrey

If someone has blocked a user and that user is mad they will give TD to every answer given to that users questions just to piss off the user and the people answering.

Yes, it sure more than past it time. Many users here have multi-accounts and thumb down answers. Those who want to keep it are the ones using it to cheat. Verizon Media has a staff getting paid, they are the ones who are going to do it.

No. YA users REQUESTED that feature. It took Yahoo over 5 YEARS, maybe 6 years to do that, and it was in beta testing for a year. People whined and complained then. WHO is going to CODE those computer programs, and WHO is going to pay their salaries?

• Zirp

No. the thumbs up is necessary to show support for an answer without repeating it

• LAN

If you are so weak that a thumbs down bothers you that much then the internet is no place for you. Most of my thumbs downs come from morons that I have exposed as idiots over and over so I am rather proud of them.

• LAN

And you are a coward. You prove this by hiding your posting history.

• Daniel

No I think the Buttons should Stay I think Users should have a Right to Vote if a Answer is a Good one or Not

• .

No. It's always been an option that's been abused (but then there's NOTHING on the site that hasn't). It has little to no bearing on posts. Posts with a lot of TDs aren't hidden (like they once were). Posts with a lot of TUs or TDs don't affect a user's level or points UNLESS their answer is selected as BA (and then it's just a matter of how many extra points they get based on how many more TUs the answer has than TDs - no points are ever subtracted for TDs).

No reason for anyone to state why they like or dislike an answer or a user. What is more important on the site is cleaning it up, getting violations removed more quickly, and chronic violator accounts suspended more quickly. No need to 'punish' everyone because a few users abuse a feature (which is what happened when the question moving function was removed due to abuse).

No, its a fairly benign feature that is ignored unless the thumbs are over about 3-4. having to type why would be hugely time consuming as well as a lot of space and programming that would be a constant glitch

No. Because every TU you get on a BA gives you additional points.

• .

Every TU in excess of the number of TDs gives the user with the BA an extra point, to a max of 50 pts