Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 1 month ago

How do I thank my co worker for this kind deed?

I unexpectedly had to work late which was a problem for me. My 15 year old daughter needed a ride home from school. I asked a co worker and friend Bob if he could take her home form school and he agreed. She had met Bob previously. He picked her up from school and was driving her home. He asked her if she had any food for dinner at home and she said no. He ask her if she would like to join him for dinner and she immediately said yes. She thought they might go to Sizzler. He took her to Ruth Chris. She told me it was the best meal she ever had in her life. She was so excited about the great meal she called me at work and told me about it.

The next day at work I thanked Bob for driving my daughter home from school and especially for the great dinner they had. My daughter said beside the great meal Bob was a lot of fun to be with. I told Bob I would pay him for my daughter’s meal. He said “No Way” would he take any money. He said I was happy to be able to help you.

Would it be appropriate for me and my daughter to take Bob out for a meal? The problem we can not afford anything near as expensive as Ruth Chris.

Perhaps you could invite him to your home and cook a meal for the three of you. Don't try to top his dinner. He might appreciate a home-cooked meal. If he's married, invite his wife along too so there'll be no misunderstandings. Or perhaps, if you are a good cook, you could make a dish like lasagne that he could put in his freezer for later to eat on his own. Tell him that it's a thank you for his kindness to your daughter when you give it to him.

How did you know Bob wasn't a sex offender? You must have a lot of trust in Bob.

But if you must thank him, take him to Bob Evans. He'll get a kick out of it. All bobs love each other

• Sal*UK

Invite him for a home cooked meal - he sounds like a kind man.