Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 months ago

How can I get closer to Jesus?

I have started praying again and am going to read the bible from start to finish. Are there any other ways to get closer to God?

CONFESS any wrong doing to HIM,accept HIM as your Savior and trust HIM with all your heart. 

Keep Remember and keep praying to GOD, you will be closer to GOD every single day. Allahuakbar.

Please read the Bible with a Spiritual perspective for starters. Then find a Church which obeys all the commandments Spiritualality, celebrates all of God's feasts, the Biblical Sabbath, and the Passover of the New Covenant.

PS: I can't suggest or advertise anything on the YA, but you can always email me through Yahoo mail.

• Chris

Reading the Bible and believing it. That is the way. That is the only way. Start in the Book of John, use the King James Bible, and read it and believe it.

.

Jesus is God.

Catholic is not Christian. Catholic leads to hell because it teaches works for salvation. So get away from it.

.

As for the USA, it is none of the above. Nations can't be Christian. Individuals can be Christian.

Nobody can be good enough to avoid hell. The truth is that death leads to immediate heaven or hell, depending only on whether the person believed in Jesus for eternal life, or not.

.

The truth is that Jesus loves you and wants to bless your life freely :) Most of all, Jesus wants you with Him forever, and not in hell. The truth is that every belief except one will lead to eternal torment in the lake of fire for every person. Because nothing pays for our sins except the death and blood of Jesus, the sacrifice of Jesus that is already accomplished by Him . Jesus loves you! The truth is that Jesus is God, and Jesus died on the cross to pay for all of our sins in full, and then Jesus resurrected from the dead. Nothing else pays for our sins, not works, not deeds, not religions. So the only way to heaven and to avoid hell, is by believing in Jesus for eternal life (John 6:47), without adding any of your own works (Romans 4:5). Believe in Jesus to take you to heaven, and you will be in heaven, no matter what, guaranteed. That easy, thanks to Jesus! Tell Jesus that you thank Him that you will be with Him in heaven when you die, because you believe in Jesus! It is too late to be saved, after death

• L'nya

John 17:3; Psalms 83:18 jw.org

Source(s): What the Bible Teaches Us

You have to repent and accept Jesus as your Savior.

Don't read the Gospel of Thomas because it will make you think Jesus was insane from what he supposedly says

in that gospel .

Maybe visit a Witch Doctor and see if he can create a potion to make Jesus come alive .

If not Jesus then ask if he has one to animate Mithras or Horus - Horus would be awesome .

Let me know in any case and ask about Isis - Total Goddess that one is .

i'll settle for The Whore of Babylon but Isis would be nice .

Jesus told us just how close we can get to Him, but it's not by doing "things", as if some system or routine of supposed 'spirituality' will do the trick. Read His words in John chapters 14 & 15. There's far too much for me to copy here, but here is the essence.

Belief in what Jesus has already said is essential to start with. So you have to know what He said. That's because He said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no one comes to the Father except by me. If you had known me, you should have known my Father also." Never mind what Nehemiah or Ezekiel said in the OT - for now. Study what Jesus said so that you can start to believe in just who He is. John's gospel is what you need to concentrate on, and don't turn anywhere else till it has dawned on you the truth of his words, "These are written that you might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you might have life through his name." (John 20:31)

Back to John chapter 14 - Jesus said, "If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him and we will come unto him and make our abode with him" (through the indwelling Holy Spirit, vs.s 15-18). You cannot get closer than that. Love Jesus and obey His commands, then the Father will love you because you lovingly obey His Son, and they will indwell the believer by the Holy Spirit. The Godhead will identify with you, personally.

You cannot get closer to Jesus than that. Study what He said on that miracle of grace. You have to believe Jesus is who He claims to be, and that causes you to love and obey Him. Then you will know the unity of Father, Son and Holy Spirit abiding in you. Don't listen to what religious groups claim, or read what religious organizations publish. Just study the very words of Jesus, praying for the Holy Spirit to reveal to you just who it was who died for your sins and then arose in triumph. Turn to Jesus only.

• Trust me, I've read the Bible from cover to cover 3 times, it got me no closer to believing any of it, in fact it makes less sense every time I read it.

Give $500 to your minister and you will get special attention. AWE, you know I'm right!