Was Jesus a brown man, as every person with eyes and a decent knowledge of geography would figure out?

Update:

And not the white guy in the pictures.

Update 2:

Or perhaps the Arabian Canelo Alverez?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Misty
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago
    Best answer

Jesus never existed but you can make up whatever you want.

• Doug
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Except perhaps, for the DNA that God contributed.

Source(s): www.askmeaboutgod.org
  • 4 weeks ago

Matthew 12:23

And all the people were amazed, and said, Is not this the son of David?

• 4 weeks ago

Jesus would have looked like the people native to that part of the world today: olive-skinned with dark hair and dark eyes. Similar to my avatar. And we're both "white."

Source(s): Greek Orthodox Christian
  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Mattie
    Lv 5
    4 weeks ago

I doubt he was brown. Many whites will deny it, but most of them wouldn't be able to stomach believing in a brown God. 

And most of the Jesus images are a reflection of people with olive skin tones classed as white, but indicative of Mediterraneans in origin, rather than the pink, sometimes pale and sickly white found among non-Mediterranean whites. 

• 4 weeks ago

Jesus exact skin color is unknown.  After the Diaspora, the Jews intermarried with people from Europe, Asia and Africa.  He could have been skin-melanin-count challenged like me or blacker than night, or anything in between; no one knows.

Attachment image
  • 4 weeks ago

Jesus would certainly have had olive coloured skin living in the middle east.

• 4 weeks ago

Yes, very Arab looking.

• 4 weeks ago

Skin colour in humans cannot be defined. Jesus, if he existed, was an Asian Jew. The US Government classifies Europeans, western Asians and north Africans  as "white" so by that definition Jesus was "white" whatever colour his skin appeared to be.

• 4 weeks ago

brown, lol, what an asshoIe you are

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.