Atheists why do you celebrate Christmas?!?

Do you do Ramadan too? If not Why? Why Christmas and not Ramadan? 

We celebrate the ancient Roman solstice festival 'Sol invictus' of December 25th, which was, by the way, hijacked by the christians.

And ramadan is a complete month of not eating nor drinking while the sun is up, and since it is based on a lunar calendar, it drifts 10 to 11 days each year.

Who wants to waste time 'celebrating' something so silly?

I'm not an atheist, but I can't really call myself a christian either, even as I grew up as one.

I'm celebrating because I think it's a great holiday to gather family and friends, whichever background they might have. I don't view christmas as a christian holiday, since it was not from the beginning.

• Mintee

why do you Ramadan... hahahahaha.. the word "ramadan" is the name of a month in the islamic calender.... its like you saying "Why do you Febuary" .. sounds ignorant... anyways... within the month of Ramadan.. we muslims do a religious intermittent fast... we fast from sunup till sundown each day and break the fast daily in the evening.. we also pray more, refrain from doing sins, try to do more charity and get closer spiritually that month... The festival or holiday is actually the 3 days into the month following Ramadan...

I celebrate Christmas as it's fun. That simple.

Is starving yourself for most of the day then whining about being hungry fun? If so, I'll join in next time.

in Malaysia the Muslims Atheists Hindus celebrate Christmas for the presents, and then they all celebrate Chinese new year

Christmas is actually a pagan festival so your question should be directed to Christians. I'm agnostic but I celebrate Eid because my family and friends are Muslim. Ramadan is not a day of celebration. It's a month of worship and fast.

• sam

Because most Christains are not bigoted retards.

Because there are two versions, the one that is about Christ and the one that is about Santa and gifts. That is just how society decided to go, where Christians sort of stole another holiday celebrating nature and replaced it with their holiday.

It's either Christmas or Hanukkah, and even the Jews agree that Christmas is the funner one.

Because I grew up with the whole Santa Claus, Rudoph, Frosty, etc. nonsense. It's just fun.

Does Ramadan have stuff like that?