daniel asked in HealthWomen's Health · 7 months ago

I had blood on my penis?!?

My girlfriend has been on birth control for about a month or longer and recently we started having sexual Intercourse. I noticed after a while i seen blood on my shirt and on my penis there was a huge piece of blood. It looked almost like a blood clot. (That the best i could explain it). It was nearly thick and i freaked out. Could someone explain why did this happen? Also my girlfriend isnt a virgin

She could be starting her period while you were having sex with her. Run cold water on the blood on the shirt and it should get rid of it. As for the rest of you, go take a shower.☺

you might be using the wrong hole, since you are both new at this.. GOOGLE, "CORRECT HOLE"   glad to be some assistance.

That was older blood that had been trapped in her glands for some time and is finally working its way out because she was about to begin her period. No problem

She was probably close to her period. It's normal. Also, next time.. try not to freak out about things like this. It's natural and could make her very embarrassed if you were to make a big fuss about it.

• Edna

That's period blood. Your girlfriend began her period while you were having sex. Sometimes, period blood has what looks like "blood clots" in it.

What I want to know is how did period blood get on your SHIRT??

• D_21

That's period blood. She's menstruating. We have clots sometimes when we're having our periods. The uterus is shedding its uterine lining. That's tissue. Uterine tissue, blood, cervical mucus, vaginal discharge, dissolved unused uterine lining, unused egg cell, etc. All kinds of stuff comes out of our vaginas.

I realize it's a bit unsettling to see that. Especially when you're not used to seeing it. Which is why we tell girls ahead of time about periods before they start having them so that they know what it is, and don't mistakenly think they're dying. Cause if you had no idea...I mean imagine how freaked out a person could get.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure it's just her period. She should have told you ahead of time if she knew she was on it, or if she knew it could start. That's the polite thing to do. Sometimes periods come on unexpectedly. We don't always know it's going to happen. Try to be understanding. Just talk to her about it. She might feel embarrassed.

Recently we started having sexual intercourse. Also my girlfriend isn't a virgin.

No sh1t Sherlock.

Either it was time for her period to start or she was having some breakthrough bleeding.

For some women, birth control pills sometimes cause random bleeding to happen even when it is not time for the period.  It is a common side effect.  If this is happening as a side effect, and it continues after the first couple of months of using the particular pill she is on, she could ask her doctor to try something different to see if it reduces that side effect.

Sounds like she was on her period. How the f*** do you get period blood on your shirt tho? Ew 

I'd suspect that your girlfriend had started her period, and was unaware of it until after you had sex?