If someone doesn't dress very professionally to work, but they do good work, will people at the company respect them?

For example, pretend I go to work tomorrow with shorts and a shirt. I complete every task assigned to me tomorrow in half the time and I do extra work for other people. How would people view me?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

They might respect them but not as much as someone that dresses professionally. This type of stuff matters. Appearance is important at work. Maybe you do good work, but the better dressed person gets the promotion, i'm sure.

• 1 month ago

Djdkddodksksksksls

• zipper
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

A FOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

As a good worker but not management material. When the promotions are considered, you won't be on the list. Dressing poorly or sloppy sets it into the minds of management that you are just a worker bee.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Poorly, because you are not representing the company by not dressing professionally.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Depends, is there a dress code in place? If shorts are allowed then nobody would care ic you wore them. If shorts aren't allowed then you would be sent home to change or fire you for not following the dress code when you should have.

• Amy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It depends on what type of job you have.

If you're a computer programmer, no one cares what you wear.

If you interact with customers, clients, investors, or anyone else outside your team, then you are presenting an image of your company.

If you're a medical researcher, the labcoat will cover up your fashion choices, but you do need long pants and closed shoes.

• DEBS
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

They will view you lower than if you went to work with appropriate work attire on and completed every task assigned to you in half the time and you did extra work for other people

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

i would hope they would respect you, but i wouldnt wear shorts to work if you want to keep your job

• Judy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

as weird.........................................

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.