Can I cook vitamins into food?

I normally try to take a B-complex/C vitamin and a D vitamin every day, which is recommended to eat with food. However, I frequently get caught up and forget to take them with my meal, and end up taking them with my bedtime tea or not at all.

The B vitamin is pretty bulky, chalky, and a weird orange color, so I'd probably enjoy it more in food anyway. The D vitamin is a gel thing, so I'm not even considering cooking that.

The B vitamin recommends taking with water and a meal, so I'm thinking soup, to cover both of those bases.

Is this ok, or will the cooking process mess with the vitamins chemistry or whatever?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • james
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

It can be done. Is done with cattle feed. It is also done with Government emergency rations to food dropped in after a typhon & such. It does give food that special Government taste. But if hungry enough you will eat it.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

I would imagine that if you cook vitamins, it would kill the nutrition out of the vitamins.

You need to remind yourself to take the vitamins (set an alarm, write yourself a note and keep it in view, etc.) or you can probably mix the vitamins into your drinks or even food that has already been cooked...

• IvaB
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

I seriously doubt that its' a good idea to cook any kind of vitamin.Its kinda simple really,either you remember to take your vitamins or not.Nobody can do that for you.There is no work around.Discipline yourself,its the only way.Besides,if you actually think of cooking the vitamins in food,why not then just take them normally ?

• blank
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

That would not be a good idea. But my suggestion is to talk to a doctor to make sure.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Instead of taking tablets, why don't you just eat good food?

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

i would ask your doctor or a pharmacist this question

• Dimo
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

I get my vitamins just from good food -- no "vitamin" pills or liquids.

I am 72, am look closer to 60, good health, and haven't taken vitamin supplements since I was a teen.

• 1 month ago

Are these pills or liquid? Either way, heat kills vitamins. Any cooked food has less nutritional value than raw.

• Nikki P
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

not necessarily, with some only cooking makes the vitamin available.

• 1 month ago

NO. They will have other chemicals in there.Just decide to take them and make a commitment to do that,Morn or evening which ever is good for you.Buy one that is easy to take and you will be more likely to follow thru.

• 1 month ago

why would you cook the vitamins instead of just taking them?

Why over think it and complicate things.

Take them every morning with your breakfast and call it good.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.