Who do I CALL IF MY CARBON MONOXIDE keeps beeping? I HAVE OPENED my doors and windows to ventilate but am uncertain whart to do next?
- KLBLv 68 months ago
call fire dept, it costs nothing, and they will ensure you are safe - no leaks. LEAVE THE WINDOWS OPEN, or go stay somewhere else until this is resolved. Smoke and carbon monoxide alarms are there for a reason. Heed the call.
- robertoLv 68 months ago
- Nuff SedLv 78 months ago
A CO alarm is calibrated to beep continuously when there is a dangerous amount of CO present. If it's only "chirping" intermittently, there may be a problem with the battery or it has outlived the useful life of the CO sensor (usually about 6 years) and is warning you to get a new one.
If you have a continuous alarm, that is a life-threatening situation for which the fire department should be called. Leave the doors and windows CLOSED so they can measure the concentration when they get there and perhaps pinpoint the source for you.Source(s): HAZMAT technician, fire inspector, firefighter, alarm installer
- Harley LadyLv 78 months ago
Replace the battery first. If you have natural gas, call your gas company.
- What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
- Anonymous8 months ago
Pull it out of the outlet and remove the battery. Get a NEW battery. If the new battery beeps immediately then that store bought battery has been sitting on the shelf for a long time.(during that time it discharged) so, you take it back with the receipt and get one that once you put it in the beeping stops.
The beeper is just letting you know the battery is Too LOW.
Once you get a good battery. It may take 2 years before the beeping happens again telling you the power is down on that battery.
When the alarm goes off it is louder than a 3 year old screaming its head off. Steady and loud.(not unlike a 3 year old)
- champerLv 78 months ago
If it's giving a full-on alarm it's either doing its job properly and warning you of the presence of the gas or it's faulty.
If it's giving an intermittent single beep it's telling you the battery needs replacing.
- Spock (rhp)Lv 78 months ago
battery probably needs to be replaced. most use a 9v. it's easy enough job after you safely get up there to inspect it
- 8 months ago
close every thing and live
- John AldenLv 78 months ago
Yeah, call the fire department...……….
- martyLv 78 months ago
When a carbon monoxide alarm starts beeping, there's nothing to see. Carbon monoxide is colorless, odorless, and deadly. It's important to call 911 for a beeping carbon monoxide alarm, just not a chirping one. If either kind of alarm starts beeping continuously, it's time to get out of the house.