BigJuicyButt asked in PetsDogs · 1 month ago

What did you do with your dog when he died?

17 Answers

Relevance
  • john
    Lv 4
    4 weeks ago
    Best answer

We've owned several dogs over the past 45 years. We buried the first ones in our yard or in the nearby woods. I think that's technically illegal in most places these days, though. We had to put our last dog down because she had a bad case of cancer. I held her while the vet injected her (I cried, but there really was comfort in holding her in her last moments alive). We then had the vet cremate her, and we spread her ashes along the back of our fence where she used to love to bark at the deer.

I believe your local SPCA or ACCT will cremate your dog for a lower price.

• 4 weeks ago

My two year old dog died suddenly last week in the middle of the night, I buried her in the back garden and cried none stop for the next two days.

• 4 weeks ago

My sister and niece both worked at vet offices and they know that, even if you pay extra for individual cremation, you're just getting a box of mixed ashes. Our mom paid to get the ashes back for one of our cats and came home (right after putting the cat to sleep) to a consumer watchdog news story about how vets rip people off for big money charging for individual cremation and giving out a bag of mixed cremains from the last batch. They play on people's vulnerability.

• 4 weeks ago

Bury it in my back yard and cry for the next year lol

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Sold his body to Purina. 

• Jojo
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

I have my dogs individually cremated (not en-mass with other dogs) and have their ashes back home in caskets. I want my dogs ashes put in MY coffin when I am cremated.

• Verulam
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

It's a nice thought (crem with my hounds' remains) but given how many we've had and have gone over the years, not practical, for me. Any more than having their ashes lined up in boxes on a shelf would be.

• 1 month ago

I have a pet cemetary in my backyard. I got quite a few animals buried out there.

• Tony
      Lv 5
      1 month agoReport

The correct English spelling is cemetery

• 1 month ago

i dont have a dog but you could call the vet and ask him what to do

• Tony
      Lv 5
      1 month agoReport

You should totally get a dog Pearl. You're so knowledgeable about them and I bet you'd be a loving dog-mommy.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

All of my dogs have been cremated, their ashes buried.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

We had him taxidermied and now we use him as a door-stop and draught excluder. Sometimes we miss him, but on cosy nights in our draught free living room we're reminded of what a good dog he was.

• patty
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

my brother in law had her

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.