Am I right in thinking that a lady invented BRYLCREEM?

you might be able to find that info online

It could be true, since a man invented the BRA.

Tell us what you've heard - - - their site says it was invented in England, 1928, by County Chemicals. The Wikipedia entry says it was "instantly" popular in World War II which doesn't quite jive with 1928. Of course, today the brand is owned by Sara Lee - trust me, "Sara Lee" isn't a woman who invented Brylcreem, Sara Lee was the daughter of Charles Lubin who came-up with a "store bought" line of cheesecakes in 1949 . . . today it is a food giant and conglomerate.

FYI: just bought a new tube last week (made in USA) - these days a tube lasts me at least a year . . . . when I was a kid we put a tube a week on our pompadours and DAs.

• Name Withheld

May well be - but no mention in any sites I've found . . . . . not a very complicated formula - but I stay with it as there's no alcohol or weird chemicals: mineral oil & beeswax should be harmless !