Mother died trying to find her medical records but I’m adopted?

I was adopted when I was 3. In foster care from 9m. I have contact with my biological father and knew of my bio mother/fathergrowing up. I had a lot of issues in my teen years. From anorexia to self harm. Mental issues and drug abuse run in my family . (I was adopted by an aunt,my bio fathers sister)  anyways, I’m 20 now and have been living with my boyfriend the past two years. This past May my biological mother killed herself. I’ve been struggling a lot the past year dealing with just trying to grow mature and keep my head and life together. I know that when my mother was pregnant with my little brother she was put in a mental institution and I was wondering if there was any way to get ahold of her records the issue is all I know is her name and birthday I don’t know what area she was living in at the time except for the state. Im such a jumbled person and I want to be able to enjoy life without always feel guilty and crazy and just a mixed mess

Medical records are private

You were adopted by your Aunt. Who became your mother. I would think that going to her for answers about her sister might be of benefit to you.

• Byrd

Ok thanks for sharing