is China still a communist country?
- Huh?Lv 71 month agoBest answer
The are a mixed economy with some free enterprise while maintaining an authoritarian government.
- Anonymous4 weeks ago
It is ruled by communist party so I think is a yes
- 4 weeks ago
Not really, they took a lot of inspiration from the GOP
- 4 weeks ago
It’s strictly lgbtq. 1.4 billion of em.
- What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
- CliveLv 71 month ago
What does this have to do with elections?
- Walter BLv 71 month ago
a) China is a SOCIALIST country with a socialist economy, but governed by a communist party.
b) There has NEVER been a communist country with a communist economy. Communism has only existed in small tribal conditions and never at a national level.
- JohnLv 71 month ago
Its not defined as "communist". There are only 4 countries in the world actually defined as having communist govts.
- oldprofLv 71 month ago
It is controlled by the Communist Party with no legal opposition, which makes the government a dictatorship and not communist at all. In fact roughly 80% of its enterprises are run on supply and demand economics, which is to say capitalistic. The other 20% is owned and operated by the government, which makes those enterprises socialistic. [See source.]
So the answer is, even though it's run by a Communist Party dictator, it is not communist in practice.Source(s): Tour guide in Beijing China.
- electricpoleLv 71 month ago
As much as it ever was one, yes.
It still restricts who can be a capitalist and who cannot.
- SquidmasterLv 71 month ago
Yes, but they've realized that pure Communism doesn't work. So have instituted some Capital Reform.