How do you feel that voters may require photo ID soon?

It's a major problem for the poor and disadvantaged, but they often don't vote Tory do they?

We already have that here in Ireland, it's actually a good idea that stops people bringing in other peoples voting cards

• John P

Better to lose a few voters than to have some people voting several times. In Australia registration for voting, and voting itself, has been compulsory for many decades. You have to turn up at the polling station on voting day, even if you scribble "Blow the lot" on your voting paper.

• Jedi Jan

Compulsory voting ensures everyone has the right to exercise the casting of their votes. People fought long and hard for their right to vote. What they do with that vote is also their right. If their resultant vote is void them they cannot exactly complain about the results.

• Jack H

Well, few of those without I'D would be likely to vote Tory anyway...

I'm all for it as long there is help for people who don't have any kind of ID with a photo, but if there isn't any help, then I'm against the idea.

We want more people to vote who have right to vote, not less.

I don't vote. My British passport is just a tool. It means nothing to me other than using it for identity purposes innit

• Jedi Jan

Maybe you should move if you don't like your identity, and adopt another, but then maybe no one else will want you.

I don't have a problem with it. everybody should be forced to prove who they are before they cast their vote.

whats wrong with requiring a person to prove who he or she is? NOTHING unless you are a criminal who hides behind false identities.

Only people who shouldn't be in the country should really have a problem with this. If someone is too inept to acquire a photo ID, they should not be voting.

Fine by me, the more effort you have to make to vote the less morons are likely to do so. 

Don't like the idea, but it has been in operation for decades in Northern Ireland

without too much difficulty. Anything that combats electoral fraud is to be welcomed.