How do you feel that voters may require photo ID soon?

It's a major problem for the poor and disadvantaged, but they often don't vote Tory do they?

23 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Best answer

We already have that here in Ireland, it's actually a good idea that stops people bringing in other peoples voting cards

• John P
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Better to lose a few voters than to have some people voting several times. In Australia registration for voting, and voting itself, has been compulsory for many decades. You have to turn up at the polling station on voting day, even if you scribble "Blow the lot" on your voting paper.

• Jedi Jan
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

Compulsory voting ensures everyone has the right to exercise the casting of their votes. People fought long and hard for their right to vote. What they do with that vote is also their right. If their resultant vote is void them they cannot exactly complain about the results.

• Jack H
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Well, few of those without I'D would be likely to vote Tory anyway...

• 1 month ago

And the UK needs Compulsory Voting remember Muslims go to prayer 5 times a day and vote according to their Mufty result Muslims get voted into top jobs like mayor of london

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

I don't vote. My British passport is just a tool. It means nothing to me other than using it for identity purposes innit

• Jedi Jan
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

Maybe you should move if you don't like your identity, and adopt another, but then maybe no one else will want you.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I don't have a problem with it. everybody should be forced to prove who they are before they cast their vote.

• 1 month ago

whats wrong with requiring a person to prove who he or she is? NOTHING unless you are a criminal who hides behind false identities.

• 1 month ago

Only people who shouldn't be in the country should really have a problem with this. If someone is too inept to acquire a photo ID, they should not be voting.

• 1 month ago

Fine by me, the more effort you have to make to vote the less morons are likely to do so. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Don't like the idea, but it has been in operation for decades in Northern Ireland

without too much difficulty. Anything that combats electoral fraud is to be welcomed.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.