Anonymous asked in TravelCanadaOther - Canada · 4 weeks ago

Do I need a passport to get from Toronto to Detroit?

Is it possible to take the tunnel bus from Windsor to Detroit without a passport and back? Going to watch the Leafs play the Red Wings in November but my passport is expired?

8 Answers

  • 4 weeks ago
    Best answer

    Most people need a passport, or a passport card, or an enhanced driver's licence. There are other forms of ID that are accepted, in some situations. You can find out what all of them are on the TSA website.

  • David
    Lv 5
    3 weeks ago

    Not if you fly your own ultra light.

  • Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

    Detroit is nicer than ANY Canadian city.

  • 4 weeks ago

    Not if you swim across. If you use any other means of transportation... well duh.

  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Unless you have a nexus license, you will need a pass port.

    They don't allow birth certificates or regular drivers licenses, to be used as ID when you're going to the US from Canada.

  • 4 weeks ago

    Yes. The Americans want a passport from everyone entering that country - even other Americans.

    Other things are available, but, the passport is by far the easiest to get.

  • 4 weeks ago

    If you are Canadian you can enter the USA by ground transportation with a passport or enhanced driving license. Not all provinces offer enhanced driving licenses.

  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

    No. You need a passport, enhanced licence or Nexus card. Thank George Bush.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.