-Simply changed my mine

-Crossover doesn't do it for me I want a truck :(

-Can't find any details in the paperwork

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Best answer

No. 

Florida does not have a "right of rescission" or "buyer's remorse" law pertaining to vehicle sales. No state does. California is a notable exception, but this right must be purchased at point-of-sale, and it's only 48 hours. 

There is no magic law, statute, loophole, etc. that allows you out of your contract. The dealer MAY allow it if they haven't filed paperwork, but don't count on that. 

• 1 month ago

Can you "return" a used car in Florida? Short answer: No. Buying a car is not like buying a shirt at Walmart. You are a victim of your own impulse buying habit. You should have figured out what kind of vehicle you wanted long before actually purchasing one.

• g
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Nope, it's a done deal, Sean.  It's your puppy.  

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

You have no right. But if you are willing to give them $1500-2000 for their trouble, they may unwind the deal.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

I'm from Florida and I'm not 100% sure but I think you have three business days to opt out of a contract. You might have to contact a lawyer to find out for sure the auto dealer sure isn't going to want to help you. And if you bought it at a private sale no not without the help of a lawyer

• Scott
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

The 3 day right of rescission applies to contracts signed in your home. It never applies to used cars.

• Judy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

only of the seller is willing to let you.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

You can - you may not get all your money back for it though - would be up to the dealership if they want to trade for something else.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

How does one change their “mine”?

• Sean1 month agoReport

A mine is a terrible thing to waste :)

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.