Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

Atheist: why not live out the love that Christ asks of us all? Don't you understand that love is the way?

Not trying to enforce small-box pettiness like trying to condemn a judge for providing spiritual advice? Instead, recognize it as helpful for them to understand love, and help love grow?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Love is a neurochemical reaction in the brain caused by increased levels of oxytocin, serotonin and dopamine when we see someone we care about. Primates used to kill each other very often and lesser primates still do. Humans developed empathy is order to survive in large groups. Love developed from there in order to protect and pass on genes of close kin. 

• 1 month ago

I have plenty of love in my life without believing in Christ, or any other gods.

• poldi2
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You assume that just because we don't believe any gods exist that we don't love. Its sad that you assume that only Christians know about love.

• Rayal
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

also seemingly blocked by coward: Why be a hypocrite? If I don't actually believe than why would I pretend? God's love is supposedly freely given, why do humans put so many restrictions upon it? Believe my way or die in hell, nice religion you got there.

• 1 month ago

they obviously dont so why bother?? they wont like Judgment if they do nothing..

• miyuki & kyojin
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Judgment is more fiction. It scare her into buying her pastor a new Rolex watch.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

The mind governed by the flesh is hostile to God; it does not submit to God’s law, nor can it do so. Those who are in the realm of the flesh cannot please God.

You should read your Bible.

EDIT: ironically M&K you just proved and confirmed scripture is perfect.

• miyuki & kyojin
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

You should read it and see how silly it is with pathetic ignorance of Science and the real word plus hundreds of stupid contradictions. There is no gods and spirits.

• 1 month ago

Not all atheists, but some, do.

Unfortunately, we are not saved by being good. We need God's grace to save us.

"8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast." (Ephesians 2:8.9)

• Jeff
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

"Atheist: why not live out the love that Christ asks of us all?"

Christer: Prove your mythical christ-thingy is real, and we'll talk.

Do you have enough integrity to do that?

Do you have ANY integrity at all?

I doubt it.

===========================

"Don't you understand that love is the way?"

Certainly, but I don't understand that because of christ's followers.

They are more about hating people, denigrating people, trying to

destroy the rights of other people, thousands upon thousands of

children raped in their churches --- WTF is it that YOU think

christians represent? Because, it sure as heck ins't LOVE...

• 1 month ago

Pascal's Wager is an epic fail.

When will you realise that religion is nothing but a Test From God, to sort out the gullible idiots who will believe, and are destined to go to Hell, form the rational thinkers who are destined for Heaven.

You have fallen into Satin's trap of following Christianity - please save yourself by casting away your belief before it is too late!!

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.