Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationOther - Cars & Transportation · 4 weeks ago

Do you think I over reacted ?

My girlfriend took an Uber from work to home.  I noticed $85 charge for stolen water. I asked her about it and she said she took a six pack of water because there's a sign that said help yourself.  I told her that's not what that means take one maybe two bottles.  I told her she needs to get her own account now because I'm not paying to do that if you're going to do that kind of crap.  We haven't spoken in three days.  Should I buy her some roses and apologize and just pay the credit card bill and say nothing further about it to her. 

Maybe it up ot ewe really.........

Well, for "stolen water" that is a pretty high price.  Why didn't she buy the water that wasn't stolen? It's much cheaper.

. Like I would drop her for she is part FISH. A thieving one at that...planning on a desert trip.

She now needs to return the water by peeing at the company all the time; that way she should be charged for Borrowed water, or a lower price.

. She is pretty dumb...blonde?...so what did you expect?

SHE OWES YOU $85.!

Don't be stupider than her, which is what you would be doing by allowing this to go without repercussions.

• JetDoc

Maybe it's time to get a new "girlfriend". The one you have is a thief!

Are you frickin kidding me?!

Now teach her what BJ means and she needs to learn she shouldn't blow. The water will help rinse it down!!

• George

I'd take a photo of the sign then let Uber take you to couyrt. You can prove with the pho0to that the water was offered free of charge without any limitations. If there were a limit it needs to say so on the sign. That's the law!

• Erik

the sign is probably long gone by now

You should contest the charge with your credit card company. If there was a sign that says help yourself. That means you can have one or two for free or you can purchase the water at the normal cost of water not $85 for stolen water. You tell the credit card company exactly that. Uber could reasonably charge you $5 for the six pack of water. Not $85 in addition to that I would directly contact Uber and tell them about the bill. I'm sure the Uber company will very quickly reverse the charge.

• Erik

Why would you be apologizing to her? She's the one who cost YOU $85 (which is a rip-off anyway-- that's so much water she wouldn't have been able to carry it all). Maybe you should have been nicer about it, but it's definitely not fair that you pay this bill. That would be terrible to break up over something like this though. You could talk to her, but forget about apologizing and sending her flowers, that's crazy.

She should have not taken the water in the first place but that cant be changed now. Talk with her about the situation, set boundaries for future rides. Let her know what you expect from her. I would nicely ask her to pay for the water but this is nothing to ruin a relationship over.

You don't have anything to apologize for. Like at all. If you still want to talk to her just be like hey what's up but you don't owe her anything, if anything it is the other way around

Apologize? APOLOGIZE? For what? that she stole from you? Anyway, what is she a dolphin that she needs that much water?

That's like if you went out to dinner and she ordered two entrees , one for now and another for her roommate.

Or if you told her to fill up you car and she filled up the guy on the other side of the pump and pocketed the cash.

Or she steals all the towels from the hotel room you pay for.

Don't apologize, make her pay you back. The break up with her.