Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingTrying to Conceive · 2 months ago

I just don’t understand why I cannot become pregnant ?

I went to a obgyn to see why I’m not getting pregnant , I’ve been trying for 4 years and my husbands results came out fine and so did mine . I’m as healthy as it gets and there was nothing wrong . I ovulate with a surge each and everytime I try an ovulating kit . Has anyone gone through something like this ? 

• alan P

In some cases it seems that stress can affect the ability to conceive a bit like worrying about insomnia can stop you getting to sleep. Don't worry about tracking your ovulation.  Have joyful, loving and uninhibited sex as often as you like, whenever you like.  It may sound crazy but there are a lot of stories about couples who suddenly conceived from a wild night together after years of more carefully planned attempts to get pregnant.

It's actually much harder to get pregnant than the common beliefs.  Realistically there's only about 3 good days a month you can get pregnant and on those 3 days your chances of getting pregnant is only about 12% in healthy adults.   If you are not timing things right one month it's probably not going to happen, and the months you are spot on there's still an 88% chance it won't happen which is how it easily turns into 4 years for many people.   Just keep trying and do your best to get the timing right, it will happen eventually in my experience.  However at some point it would make sense to see a different doctor.