What would happen if Walmart went out of business?

Would it be good for retail or bad for retail? 

• RICK

Some other store would take their place

Only thing bad forbretail is online shopping

On line shopping is destroying jobs on a daily basis

• In

World wide recession. Several hundred thousands of people would become unemployed, not just Walmart employees, but with all of their suppliers around the world.

Eh...someone would fill their shoes and perhaps we would all buy a little less junk.

I used to think Walmart was less expensive to shop at for my groceries, but I've shopped at several grocery stores & the price is about the same. I'm tired of going to Walmart and having to stand in long lines where they only have one or two checkers. I don't care if they go out of business, wouldn't affect me.

It would be very bad for China.

• Greg

Consumers would pay more which means they will be able to afford fewer things and so fewer goods will be produced. All this assumes a duplicate megastore does not take its place.

• y

Another or others would step into the void, Ultimately nothing would change. I personally only use Walmart as a last emergency resort. I may purchase something from them once a year, if that. So if they go under, it wouldn't bother me a bit. It makes no sense to purchase such cheap quality that one will need to replace in very short order.