What would happen if Walmart went out of business?

Would it be good for retail or bad for retail? 

7 Answers

Relevance
  • RICK
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Some other store would take their place

Only thing bad forbretail is online shopping

On line shopping is destroying jobs on a daily basis

• In
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

World wide recession. Several hundred thousands of people would become unemployed, not just Walmart employees, but with all of their suppliers around the world.

• 4 weeks ago

Eh...someone would fill their shoes and perhaps we would all buy a little less junk.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I used to think Walmart was less expensive to shop at for my groceries, but I've shopped at several grocery stores & the price is about the same. I'm tired of going to Walmart and having to stand in long lines where they only have one or two checkers. I don't care if they go out of business, wouldn't affect me.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

It would be very bad for China.

• Greg
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Consumers would pay more which means they will be able to afford fewer things and so fewer goods will be produced. All this assumes a duplicate megastore does not take its place.

• y
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Another or others would step into the void, Ultimately nothing would change. I personally only use Walmart as a last emergency resort. I may purchase something from them once a year, if that. So if they go under, it wouldn't bother me a bit. It makes no sense to purchase such cheap quality that one will need to replace in very short order.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.