Ivana asked in PetsDogs · 1 month ago

How do you fight off a dog?

with a stick...........

Never run..

But slowly walk backward and if possible pepper spray it. It is also a good idea to throat punch the dog and try stabbing or hitting it's eyes to disorient it.

Run just run you don’t stand a chance with these animals

• Hana4 weeks agoReport

Never run they will chase and attack you by biting at the backs of you knees or going for you hands or upper arms.

I know this because I ran from a dog and ended up getting bit behind my right knee, over the artery.

• Ocimom

Pepper Spray or pistol. Anything else would more/less be useless and you would get seriously injured or even killed if the dog was that vicious and attacking you.

Well, I have never had he need to, but then I am generally carrying a gun.

If I were to be attacked by a dog that might do harm, it would get shot.

Not something like those little yappers that come from under the bed to gnaw on an ankle.

If you had of done some research on this you could have just googled your question & come up with these sites.

https://www.google.com/search?q=How+do+you+fight+o...

Sometimes there is no fighting to get away. The dog is too big, too strong & you cannot run the dog just keeps attacking & attacking. Your best bet is to get down on your hands & knees & cover your neck with your laced fingers & hands.

Sometimes just turning your back to the dog is enough. Avoid EYE contact. Some dogs run away if you try to reach for them. Try to avoid the dog biting your body. Let it have an arm to lessen the wounds from bites.

give it a sloppy kiss on the mouth ya guttersnipe i do this with my Australian Cattle dog ya see

• Tony

Give the brains back to the rocking horse ya see.

• Jack H

Avoid the fight...

Gouge eyes hard, if you have any keys, use those. If you have a knife or sharp object stab them in the neck. If a dog has your arm in their bite, you can shove your arm deeper into their mouth which if done properly cuts off their air supply. If the dog has your leg in their bite, you can kneel which will put them on their back and they will usually let go, if they dont you can proceed to punch down on their exposed throat. Just know that if a dog lets go he may immediately latch onto another part of your body.

• Victoria

Good advice. Hope I'll never have to use it.

• patty

don't look them in the eyes. and run for it

• Aged Kiwi

I believe that your statement should have been:
      "Don't look them in the eyes, and DON'T run for it."