Nana asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 2 months ago

My wife's doctor doesn't say  " congratulations"?

My wife is pregnant. It's 7 weeks. The other day, my wife and a doctor recognized the heart beat of our baby, but our doctor didn't say "congratulations".

Is it common?

maybe bcuz he ****** her

WHY ARE YOU LOOKING FOR THANKS From another person.. HE wasn't the one who got laid and Hundreds of kids are born everyday. IN TODAY'S WORLD I WOULD SAY... " WHAT EVER MADE YOU DECIDE TO BRING ANOTHER LIFE INTO THIS SORRY WORLD"...

There's no reason to congratulate you, it's just another life in this world of pain.

• Edna

Doctors don't usually "congratulate" their pregnant patients - they see 100's of pregnant patients. What would the doctor be congratulating her about? -- getting pregnant? Pregnancy isn't anything exceptional.

Neither the doctor nor your wife could recognize the heart beat of a 7-week-old fetus. A fetus at that stage of development as yet has no regular "heart beat" that is capable of sustaining life. If the doctor and you wife heard anything, all they heard the sounds of the spasmatic muscle contractions in the organ that will later develop into a functioning heart.

• Edna

Suzy Q: Even if they "saw" what looked like a heart beat on an ultrasound at 7 weeks, all they "saw" was muscle contractions of the organ that would later develop into a functioning heart. What they "saw" wasn't a heart beat that could sustain life.

• Suzy Q

Why on earth would you expect that? 

I think that's an unusual expectation.

Very common....😉

• John P

It is simply a social convention among family and friends to say "Congratulations!" Your wife's doctor might see his relationship with her as being outside that circle. That doctor is possibly also wary of congratulating any female who has become pregnant, since these days many become pregnant in somewhat "unconventional" circumstances.

Doctors' don't usually do that.

• Jose

Yes, very common.