Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 month ago

I go to bed early but I still can't wake up early at morning. What can I do?

Some of us have a hard time waking up - i think it's just the nature of the beast..... maybe you could keep a pad of paper and a pen beside your bed and write down your thoughts when you wake up? Or play a game for a few minutes on your phone first? This may give you a few minutes to start waking up - then just get up. Go wash your face or shower (or whatever you do in the morning) and have some coffee.

I have been really sleepy lately in the mornings, too. I feel it's probably because i get my deepest sleep early in the morning, so it's hard to snap out of it. But once i'm up and start my routine, i'm fine.

take care

• C

First rule out serious conditions like sleep apnea. Second, try to go to sleep and wake up so that your aim to get up at the end of a sleep cycle so that you're not being catapulted from deep sleep. Thirdly get a light alarm which works by gradually getting brighter like a natural sunrise before the alarm sounds. Many people report finding it much easier to wake up this way. If none of that works try to see a sleep specialist.

• C

My sister calls her Lumi alarm "lifechanging" :) It does nothing for me, I find minding my sleep-cycles works best. People are so individual!

You should probably get a alarm.

You should set an alarm.

Alarm would probably work best. I do this and it often wakes me up VERY fast

• Dv8s

What do you mean, you can't wake up, you don't hear the alarm, or you physically can't get up? If you get up at all, try to do 10 jumping jacks, or sit ups, this gets you blood pumping through you veins. Splash your face with cold water, anything that gets you out of bed, then you're up.

• Have better self discipline

Are you sleeping through the night, or waking up several times? If it's the latter, then you may need to consider talking to your doctor about a sleep study.