I'm looking to "cut the (cable) cord", but where do I start? Is it getting streaming services on tv? But then I still need cable for an ISP?

"Cutting the cord" generally refers to getting rid of your TV service, not necessarily your Internet service.

Unfortunately, some ISPs will usually raise your Internet package price if you drop the TV service, so you might need to take that into account.

You will need streaming service(s). This includes, but not limited to: Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, YouTube TV, etc. You will also need a device that can stream from them like a computer, phone, tablet, video game console, or dedicated streaming device like a Chromecast, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, etc. Or if you have a Smart TV with the compatible apps, you can use that instead of buying a streaming device.

All of the streaming services have different content, so you might need to test out a few to see if they have what you like. They all usually a free 1 month trial (with valid credit card on file), so you can test them out.

You can also buy an antenna so that you can get free over-the-air channels. The exact channels and quality will vary based on factors like nearby towers, obstacles, etc.

• Pete L

Using an ethernet cable will give you a far faster and more reliable service than WiFi can ever provide.