Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 1 month ago

Is this the weirdest name ever?

Thomasina.

My nrighbour has a baby girl with this name, I asked if she was going to end up being called “Tommy”. She replied “we’re calling her Toms at the moment”. Something tells me this is a legit name as I googled it, but I’ve NEVER met anyone with this nane until now.

I have the feeling they were expecting a boy to call Thomas but it ended up being a girl so they had to improvise. Like Nigella.

30 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Neighbors grandson is named Creel.   And I used to babysit a Pepsi. And Thomasina is a legit name. An old one and not much used, but has been around a long time.

• 1 month ago

I had a friend who's cousin was named Aninja.

• GEEGEE
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Could be named after an uncle, grandfather, or other relative. My father was named Thomas so I think it's kind of neat but I'd be unlikely to use it.

• 1 month ago

No.

Fifteen characters

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • helene
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

There was an old Disney movie called "The Nine Lives of Thomasina." It was about a cat. That's what the name reminds me of.

But it's definitely NOT the weirdest name ever.

• Lita
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

I don't think it's weird. It may be a bit dated but not weird. I had a great great grandmother who went by Tompsy, it was short for Thomasina. Her mother and grandmother were also Thomasinas and one of my great aunts on the other side of the family is a Thomasina.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Nope, not at all. But, it is very weird you have a nrighbour because there is no such thing as a nrighbour.

• 1 month ago

My neighbor growing up had a cat named Thomasina.  It was from a novel “Thomasina, the Cat Who Thought She Was God”.

• 1 month ago

Nigella Gorilla?

• Byrd
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Ok thanks for letting us know

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.