Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 1 month ago

Why should people betray their friends trust when...?

Okay so it seems that in a situation where someone tells their friend they want to commit suicide the friend automatically snitches on them, betrays their trust, and tells their parents or something. And then they think they’re a good person because they saved the persons life but how do they not understand how horrible a feeling being betrayed by someone must feel? Wouldn’t that just make the suicidal person feel even more alone?? Just because they’re alive doesn’t mean that things are better for instance I mean what if they genuinely wanted to die? 

If my best friend told me she was committing suicide I wouldn’t snitch on her and tell her parents. That would be just selfish.

Bear in mind that if you were forewarned and you didn't try to help you could in some jurisdictions actually be guilty of a crime. Mentally healthy people don't kill themselves except in rare circumstances, such as in attempting to save someone else. So your allowing someone who's out of their mind to harm themselves (and destroy the lives of their family) isn't something to be proud of.

cause their parents can get them the help they need, thats why

• gabriele1 month agoReport

But what if the friend genuinely wants to die?

Yeah like... If you know that somebody wants to commit suicide you HAVE to tell their parents...