Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 month ago

This is not a bad plan right, one month notice resign and then travel for maybe 1 or 2 months?

Im dead serious, Im meeting travel agency today. Wish me luck.

I need holidays so if not there then another place

Not to worry, my experience normally lands me the job

That might leave you exposed on healthcare if you live in the USA. What I did to take a 3-month expedition was arrange things to go on auto-pilot for me at work, and take an official leave. I gave perhaps 9 months notice of this plan so that everything could be arranged. Only you can judge what your workplace will do, but if they are likely to work with you or at least keep you on until the final day, it would be best to give maximum notice, more than a month if possible. If theyare likely to terminate you as soon as they get wind of your plan, then a 2-week notice is warranted. You can float the idea with your boss, posing it as "I'm toying with the idea of taking 2 months off..."

I'm assuming that you have the finance angle covered, and are confident in your ability to resume work later. If you have not changed jobs recently, be prepared for a different job market from what you experienced, before.

If you've got it like that, go for it!

If you can afford it, it's not a bad plan.

Go for it.

There's more to life than just a paycheck and daily routine.

What do you have to lose?

Sure it's a good plan as long as you have a job to go back to after vacay.