Lv 7
. asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 month ago

If the 49ers blow out the Rams and improve to 5-0, should they be ranked # 2 behind the Patriots in the NFL power rankings?

Or do you go by strength of schedule and put them below the Saints and Packers?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Best answer

I ranked Frisco number 2 when they were 4-0 and Kansas City lost their first game. Some of the sports writers who make up those silly power rankings have been ranking the Sea Dorks higher than Frisco all season. i expect them to do the same after this week's games.

They just like to put down the 49ers. The 49ers are 5-0, the only undefeated team in the NFC, and they beat Cincinnati, Pittsburgh LA, and Cleveland by a total of 69 points. Seattle is 5-1, but they beat Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, LA and Cleveland by a grand total of 8 points.

Just keep your eyes open. I predict at least some of the power rankings to rank New Orleans to be a better team than Frisco, even though New Orleans lost to the Rams. And some will rank Seattle a better team than Frisco, despite the difference in margin of victory against 4 common opponents. These power rankings are about as credible as Trump's lies.

• DEBS
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I have zero idea why anyone would care about a ranking.

• 1 month ago

There is no official ranking in the NFL until the season's over.

• 1 month ago

I'd rank them higher than Pats, Pats have played the worst teams in the NFL. the only team they played with a winning record is Bills and they barely beat them.

But if by strength of schedule then the Niners are 3rd behind Saints,

and Packers, Seahawks 4th.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Kyle
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

power rankings are meaningless in pro sports. it's not like college sports. power rankings don't get you into the playoffs.

• 1 month ago

Yes, not that the Power rankings really mean anything. They're just opinion.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.