promotion image of download ymail app
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 7 months ago

what should we do about the creditors??

my daughter tòok out 3 appliances on terms from a furniture store..she began paying then stopped because her finances became tied up....the creditors called her phone and said that they were coming to repossess the items..she gave them her correct address...and was waiting for them to come for the items....they never came....some months passed...they called her again while she was on work and said that they were outside her home..i was home that day..when i looked outside there was no vehicle or nobody there...they called a few days around 9.47am and told her that they were coming at 10am..we were all at home that morning...nobody came....we do not have the finances of 500 dollars to hire a truck to take the items back to the store so.what do we do now??

3 Answers

  • 7 months ago
    Favourite answer

    Have you called and/or verified the address with them when they've contacted you?

    Maybe they have the wrong address. They may have written it down wrong even if she gave the correct address.

    • Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 7 months ago

    You PAY what you owe. She owes the MONEY, not the items. Repossessing the items is ONE legal form of collecting PART of what she owes. The are NOT required to exercise that option and can merely sue for the full amount.

    • Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Tim
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

    Take them to small claims court and charge them rent for storing their stuff.

    • Goldfly252000
      Lv 7
      7 months agoReport

      It's not storing there stuff when YOU rented it. If I rent an apartment and move I'm not STORING the apartment just because I couldn't pay the rent and they haven't moved someone else in. If I have a car and can't pay the loan I'm not STORING it waiting for a repo. 

    • Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.