Is there a company who will provide this service?

I have an old rundown lot out in the back woods. Is there someone who will cut down all the trees in exchange for the lumber and mow the weed and grass down? Their is also an old trailer that I need to get out of there. It is worth nothing. I don’t have much money so my hope was they would clear the lot clean in exchange for the lumber from several dozen large trees.

Take out a small ad in your local newspaper.

You could ask yahoo

• John P

The only possible answer is "Unlikely, but check locally". How are we, thousands of miles away, supposed to know? You would have a better idea of the price of lumber in your area than I have.

Note that even if you get the grass and weeds mown once, they will soon be back to their old heights, probably with increased vigour. And the tree stumps will still be there, even if they are sawn off close to ground level.

The trees might be worth the logging costs, with a lot of factors to take into account. Species, going rate, accessibility, etc. The trailer is another vocation unless the equipment required to make a logging road might bury it in a hole they create. Brush cutting is also a different job.

You OWN a lot. That takes money. So you will pay. Guaranteed. Get a loan from a bank and use the lot as collateral. Am doubting you have enough value there to be worth anyones blood, sweat & tears to clean it up for you for free.

. Not that many stupid people. You could always burn it down. Then pay forestry thousands of dollars for them to put out the forest fire.

Advertise locally. You will get jack **** from posting this here.

• chris

As others have said, it generally does not work that way!

You need multiple contractors!

A scrap guy might remove the trailer for free, if it is worth more than the cost to remove it.

Same goes for the tree removal. If they are expensive trees, you may be able to negotiate having the stumps ground down and the branches removed.

What is going to cost you is landscaping / removal of undergrowth.

Nobody is going to do it for nothing. If you have a good number of valuable trees you might find someone to fell and remove them for the timber. They aren't going to clear and mow the land for you for nothing.

Look up foresters in your yellow pages.

We don't even know what country you are in so can't possibly recommend anyone to do that work where you live.

But where I live, there are Amish and Mennonite communities who can use the wood and will cut and remove.