Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

does bible say to be poor?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Best answer

NO BUT WE SHOULD BE GRATEFUL FOR WHaT WE DO HAVE that matters like a good family and a good place to live..

• Doug
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Poor in spirit - humble - before God.

Source(s): www.askmeaboutgod.org
  • 1 month ago

No, but it reminds us to use the means we have to help the poor and unfortunate.

• Justin
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No.

In fact it says exactly the opposite.

The confusion comes from when Jesus reminds us to be 'poor in spirit,' which He explained to mean that every action we take should include thoughts of them and their condition as well.

25"I have been young and now I am old,

Yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken

Or his descendants begging bread.

26All day long he is gracious and lends,

And his descendants are a blessing.

27Depart from evil and do good,

So you will abide forever.

28For the LORD loves justice

And does not forsake His godly ones;

They are preserved forever,

But the descendants of the wicked will be cut off." (Psalm 37:25-28).

The Lord's own ministry was financed by wealthy women, (Luke 8:3).

He also taught us to create a permanent social safety net for ourselves against poverty by 'making 'friends' through our clever use of unrighteous wealth:

"And I say to you, make friends for yourselves by means of the wealth of unrighteousness, so that when it fails, they will receive you into the eternal dwellings." (Luke 16:9).

"Beloved, I pray that in all respects you may prosper and be in good health, just as your soul prospers." (3 John 1:2).

There is absolutely no doubt where GOD stands on poverty. He hates it and expects us to address it each time it arrives, never allowing anyone to live in it chronically. We take turns helping each other struggle through it, past it, around it, and over it. Ultimately, He Alone can end it.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • L'nya
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Isaiah 65:17-25 jw.org

• 1 month ago

i think it says to be poor in spirit but as finacially there is no universal command to be poor .

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

The Bible says that snakes, donkeys, and burning bushes can talk, that growing long hair gives one super human strength, that it is possible to live inside a giant fish, and that women can become spontaneously pregnant.

As for being poor, does it really matter? The Bible is more about fairytales of fantasy and magic, not about practical advice.

• Justin
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

part of that religious observance) The Bible didn't say anything about 'spontaneous' pregnancy. It says that GOD used His 'tech' to do it. Science can impregnate a virgin female without sex. Mankind is only a 'copy' of a pre-existing divine Original, which is why we can do 'lesser' versions of each.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Jesus taught us to live simply; not to concern ourselves with temporal things.

• 1 month ago

No.

Jesus tells us that if a rich person is also rich toward God, they're okay with God (Lk 12:13-24).

• yesmar
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No. Jesus says not to amass wealth and possessions that you don't need while others go without.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.