Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited KingdomOther - United Kingdom · 1 month ago

Are you considered British if you are from England, Scotland and Wales?

I know you aren’t British if you are Irish but since England, Scotland and Wales make up Great Britain is it true?

• pmt853

Yes, yes we are. I'm an Englishman living in Wales. I'm British.

CONSIDERED? BRITISH citizens are citizens of The UK which is "The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland".....England,Scotland,Wales & NI.

Find it ODD, in this day and age, you even ask? Also a United Kingdom has been around, in ONE form or other ,since 1801..That is way LONGER than the Kingdom of Belgium has existed and longer than a United GERMANY & a UNITED Italy....

• PAMELA

Yes, you are british as well as being scottish, or welsh.

• David

You can be British if your from anywhere on earth these days.

• John P

Yes, and also if from Northern Ireland.

if you ask anyone from the UK are you British the answer will be yes from England Scotland wales or Ireland

• Katie

NO - the country you were born in dictates your nationality. I was born in England (as were my parents and grandparents), therefore I am English and NOT British.

• TSK

Only our BRITISH citizenship is defined in law..Our other identities are not and are based on where we grow up, identify etc....

Yes .

The Irish, English thing has been going on for so long and so many changes it's not doing much of anything but keeps on changing.

Yes. Great Britain comprises the nations of England, Scotland and Wales. The United Kingdom also comprises N. Ireland.