Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited KingdomOther - United Kingdom · 1 month ago

Are you considered British if you are from England, Scotland and Wales?

I know you aren’t British if you are Irish but since England, Scotland and Wales make up Great Britain is it true?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • pmt853
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Best answer

Yes, yes we are. I'm an Englishman living in Wales. I'm British.

• Anonymous
    2 weeks ago

CONSIDERED? BRITISH citizens are citizens of The UK which is "The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland".....England,Scotland,Wales & NI.

Find it ODD, in this day and age, you even ask? Also a United Kingdom has been around, in ONE form or other ,since 1801..That is way LONGER than the Kingdom of Belgium has existed and longer than a United GERMANY & a UNITED Italy....

• PAMELA
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

Yes, you are british as well as being scottish, or welsh.

• David
    Lv 4
    4 weeks ago

You can be British if your from anywhere on earth these days.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • John P
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Yes, and also if from Northern Ireland.

• 1 month ago

if you ask anyone from the UK are you British the answer will be yes from England Scotland wales or Ireland

• Katie
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

NO - the country you were born in dictates your nationality. I was born in England (as were my parents and grandparents), therefore I am English and NOT British.

• TSK
      Lv 7
      2 weeks agoReport

Only our BRITISH citizenship is defined in law..Our other identities are not and are based on where we grow up, identify etc....

• 1 month ago

Yes .

• 1 month ago

The Irish, English thing has been going on for so long and so many changes it's not doing much of anything but keeps on changing.

• 1 month ago

Yes. Great Britain comprises the nations of England, Scotland and Wales. The United Kingdom also comprises N. Ireland.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.