Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentImmigration · 1 month ago

Do I have to show CBP any dual citizenship that I have ?

They'll already know what citizenship you hold but you're not expected to be able to produce multiple passports at all times...if that's your question.

No. When you enter the USA you show only your US passport.

I agree with Imperial, governments should always have the absolute minimum amount of information. Enough to keep you legal and nothing more. No country should ever be aware that you hold other citizenships. I always renew my passports inside the country of their citizenship to keep things watertight. I always check in for a flight with just one passport; the one I will need to show on arrival.

But I do not agree with uploading data to the cloud. That is asking for trouble as, once uploaded to hardware you do not own, you have lost control of it as Hilary Clinton discovered. They can save and retrieve everything for ever. Best is to go for good phone hygiene. That means nothing on your phone that you would not be delighted to share with your grandmother.

It is not just at the border. If someone t-bones your car at a junction, the first thing the police do is grab your phone to see if you were using it at the time of the accident. Of course they will snoop too.

Show those bastards as little as possible. And preferably upload all data from your phone to the cloud before trying to cross the border, because those thugs often confiscate people's phones to see if your cousin's brother's dog's veterinarian's sister is a terrorist.