Leigh asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 7 months ago

I have windows 7 and my windows media player cant do the find the album info is there something i can do to fix it?

The "find album info" previously used for the windows media player is listed as down but realistically has been discontinued by Microsoft for Win 7/8/8.1 because it is another way for Microsoft to cause people still using the older OSs to switch to Win 10. Microsoft wants to get more and more control of what you can and can't do with your computer and they monitor your on/offline activities.

Hi. Just means the fileserver they listed is no longer available or hosting the information.

There should be an option in WMP to find alternative servers, or You can try looking for a different song updater software from someplace like download.com, softpedia.com, Majorgeeks.com or several other reputable download sites.

G'Luck!!!

After you run Malwarebytes and clean up any malware that's on your computer simply download and reinstall Windows Media player. That will likely fix the problem. Overtime malware or virus has probably damaged one of the dynamic link libraries. And now Windows Media player can't connect to the service cleaning your computer of viruses and malware and reinstalling the media player should cure the problem

Update to the current version of Windows.

• Red Fox

When I used Windows, I never had a problem with my music, nor now with Apple (which updates the OS every year).