Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 1 month ago

What do you consider to be Middle-Class jobs?

I just don't think I'm a 4-year degree type 

of person. My ideal job is working at 

Coffee-Bean; yet, I'm told that's not stable. 

It could last me 20 years? It could 

last me 40 years - who knows, right?  

I don't have to be Middle-Class 

if I don't want to - right? Advice Please. 

• Cogito

I don't know what Coffee Bean is, but I presume it's a bit like Starbucks.

Personally, I'd find spending all day, every day making cups of coffee for people incredibly boring and annoying, but if you really like it and it's going to pay your bills, go for it.

But you could lose your job at that place in a week or a month - just like every other job.

Any productive work is middle-class. The low class jobs are things like selling drugs and prostitution.

Middle Class jobs pay middle class wages. If you could make $70,000 a year as a Walmart greeter, that is middle class. If you made a million dollars a year doing the same job, that would be rich. If you only make minimum wage for the same job, that is considered poor. It is what the job pays that determines class.

• Dick

I'm not sure there is a middle class job now. To be "middle class", I think you have to be able to live in a safe, secure dwelling. You need a steady, reliable source of income. You need health care, and good nutrition. You need to be able to educate your kids, and to retire, before you become infirm.

The income needed in today's USA to do this, puts you well into the upper 10% of wage earners. A high six figure income. How many of them are there??

• Zirp

chat-questions are not allowed.

middle-class consists of the third of the workforce that isn't the most paid third nor the least-paid third.

• Judy

The coffee bean troll again.............

You could manage a coffee bean. Then open your own store.

You would do well to find a job that offers advancement to Manager. You don't see many 40 year olds slinging coffee.