Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 1 month ago

Should i forget about her????

There's this girl I've known from work for the past 8 months,  we've been really good friends from the start.   we always hang out during lunch,  and we text alot.  I always had a crush on her but she was in a relationship for the past 2 years.  Her relationship was stressing her out,  she  had a lot of problems in the relationship.  2 weeks ago she broke up with her boyfriend.  obviously she was really upset about it, but days later I told her that I have feelings for her and that I really like her.  we've been texting more and more, she always  sends me kissy faces now.   We even flirt back and fourth,  she agreed to go on a date with me this week

But the problem is that yesterday she was talking to my best friend Jonathan, she told Jonathan that right now she doesn't really want to be in a relationship because she wants to figure things.    Am i wasting my time???? Should i forget about her??? I dont know what to doooo

My friend told me to tryyyy !!!!!

Most dates don't lead to relationships and this'll merely be one of those. No offense to you but you should have realized someone who just got out of a long relationship wouldn't be looking to just jump into another one. People capable of doing that are usually not really very connected to those they're partnered with and view relationships as more transactional than emotional (and that's surely not the kind of thing you want).

• Adam

u should go on the date with her and if it doesn't work out don't be creepy

• Alan H

She has agreed to go on a date

Take the opportunity. She may not yet be ready for a relationship;

not unusual so soon after a break up.

Gently, gently and...given time...who knows?

• Tepee

No, just keep being nice with her and allow her time to decide how she wants to proceed with your friendship.

• Steve

What you should doooo is stop trolling.

The puzzled character in your story should figure out what he wants so he won’t unwittingly mislead her.

His doing so will help her figure things.