Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 2 months ago

How can I convince my mom that I don't need to have my screen watched all the time?

Whenever I use my laptop, my mom insists that I sit in the same place at the table where the screen can be seen. I've had to sit in this place for years, and at this point, I'm tired of sitting in the same place. When I'm doing my homework this is very counterproductive because if I try to sit somewhere else, she yells at me to sit in my usual place until I move and it wastes time that I could be using to get my work done faster. I feel that this is very unfair for me, and when I try to tell her this, she doesn't want to listen. Is there anything I can do to change this?

You turn 18 so that she's no longer legally liable for any trouble you get into.

Your mom sounds unreasonable and controlling. Try telling her that you need privacy to gain independence.

go use the internet at the library

• Lita

Stop it. You need your screen watched or you wouldn't mind her watching. Just do what you need to do, get it done and move on about your day.

She does need to monitor your time on any electronic. The fact you don't want her watching only proves that you are doing things you should not do

It fair. She knows you wont do your home work unless watched so stop acting like a todler

• Jerry

I suggest you quit being silly and just knuckle down to your school work. You have to work to succeed.

And you have to things your mom's way, at least for a while yet. She has a lot of over you and can make your life really really unpleasant if she wants. Consider that having any privacy at all is a privilege and be glad she doesn't take the door off your room, make you keep the bathroom door open.