Raych asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 month ago

At what point in history were we told we should eat multiple times each day and/or every day?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Adam
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

when dietary stats came out saying it was better for u to eat smaller more times a day

• 1 month ago

Didn't need to be told that.

• David
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Some people were lucky to eat three meals a week!  Leave it to an American to invent the concept of a "supermarket," and do a week's worth of grocery shopping in one day.  (It's even worse in Northern Alaska: Milk costs over $10.00 per gallon, and people in some remote towns drive hundreds of miles to Fairbanks, shopping at warehouse-type stores to get a truckload of stuff for a month and a half.)

I suggest you do research in that uniquely-American business, the supermarket.  It might give you insight into how mankind went from hunter-gatherer to food-hoarder.

• Stan
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I'm inclined to think our ancestors wouldn't have had that ridged schedule in their lives. Three meals a day would have been a luxury to them. Who did come up with THREE MEALS A DAY? I would go into the old Goggle box Ray.ch there's got to be some information on it.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

After the Cuban missile crisis.

• 1 month ago

It is an excuse to overeat. Humans don't need that many calories to survive. But we need healthy food.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.