Raych asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 9 months ago

At what point in history were we told we should eat multiple times each day and/or every day?

Some people were lucky to eat three meals a week!  Leave it to an American to invent the concept of a "supermarket," and do a week's worth of grocery shopping in one day.  (It's even worse in Northern Alaska: Milk costs over $10.00 per gallon, and people in some remote towns drive hundreds of miles to Fairbanks, shopping at warehouse-type stores to get a truckload of stuff for a month and a half.)

I suggest you do research in that uniquely-American business, the supermarket.  It might give you insight into how mankind went from hunter-gatherer to food-hoarder.

• Adam

when dietary stats came out saying it was better for u to eat smaller more times a day

Didn't need to be told that.

• |

I listen advises, I just deleted my answer. Thank You.

• .

I'm inclined to think our ancestors wouldn't have had that ridged schedule in their lives. Three meals a day would have been a luxury to them. Who did come up with THREE MEALS A DAY? I would go into the old Goggle box Ray.ch there's got to be some information on it.

After the Cuban missile crisis.

It is an excuse to overeat. Humans don't need that many calories to survive. But we need healthy food.