Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 1 month ago

What should I do?

I’ve recently found out some awful news that one of my parents committed adultery about 10 years ago. But idk what to do whether I should confront them about it or something else? Last night I had trouble sleeping and could fill my body with nerves. It freaking hurts me knowing that news. My parents relationship seems to be good as of lately and currently but idk whether to start a huge deal because of something that happened 10 years ago. Someone please give some advice I’m so stressed right now at this moment 

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Your parents' relationship is their own business and if they could forgive and forget it's not your place to go stirring things up. You can of course mitigate your respect for the parent who strayed. But you don't get to go confront people over things that 1) happened a decade ago...and...2) have nothing to do with you. If they're getting along now you should just leave this alone.

• Brian
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You weren't involved and it seems to not make much difference now so whatever happened must have worked itself out. You don't need to be bringing this up and be the cause of a possible divorce... but do learn from the mistake you heard about.

• Eva
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You should do nothing. Your parents relationship is none of your business. You don't even know for sure if it's true. If it continues to bother you and you just can't let it go, speak to the parent in private that supposedly did it. Do not involve the other parent.

• 1 month ago

Let it go Milkshakes, trust, if you don't, Karma, kicks and never loses, you will do it or it will happen to you, battered nerves will lead to shattered curves, meaning around the bend, whatcha gonna do when it happens to you?

Look-it, if you get into some adult stuff like that, it's gonna rickashay.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Let sleeping dogs lie. Don't stir up trouble where there is none.

• Confront them.....

• 1 month ago

Forget about it. You can't help and if you start trying to "fix it" everybody loses.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

it's none of your business. Get a hobby.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.