JSG asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 1 month ago

Is it tacky to make a business call on a holiday?

Monday, October 14 is Columbus Day 2019.

I want to call an instructor who teaches a course in voice over through the Continuing Ed Dept. at my old college. I haven't heard from him in a while- I was trying to get info about his course. In the last email He sent to me he told me he was very busy.

Would it be tacky to call him on Columbus Day, or should I wait?

Please help- thank you.

i would call him, he might not be as busy

• Ramona

Wait! Only call on business days for business calls.

• g

Not sure why it would be tacky but you need to be prepared for the possibility that his office is closed for holiday. As for "His last email ..." Is it possible to get the information you want elsewhere? Your question implies there have been several attempts on your part and he's busy. Consider that he may be tired of your questions and you should go elsewhere.

• drip

Told you he was busy and what? He will respond later? He won’t respond further? Contact admissions? You can’t just sign up for the course yourself , do you need his permission to be in the class?

Is the college open on Columbus Day? If the campus is closed, then no don’t call him. He won’t be there.

• JSG1 month agoReport

His course was dropped do to low enrollment.