How do I stop people from leaving ham in the bathroom sink?

I work at a grocery store and I occasionally have to clean the bathrooms. More than once I have found slices of deli ham in the sinks there. This has happened in both the mens room and the womens room and it's only ever ham. How and why does this keep happening and more importantly is there anything I can do to stop this ham based fiasco? Please help 

How do i stop people from leaving HAM in the Bathroom sink ?

actually one submitted more than one question

# 2 how and WHY does this keep happening

DUH

LOCK the door so people can not have access to the bathroom sink that is the solution to HOW .

... DUH as to WHY the same answer

cause they have access to the bathroom sink and People have been known to do unusual behaviors

finally i have no GOOD reason to accept the claim present

to be a FACT a actual occurance

Put a critter (hamster?) in the sink that likes to eat discarded food. But you'll have to cage it in somehow because they like to wander.

Yes! Find a Ph.D. candidate working on their dissertation in Sociology or Psychology. Explain this phenomenon and pitch it as an interesting field experiment in contemporary social diets and aberrations.

They could hang by the deli counter and follow ham purchasers to the rest room. By noting whether or not the deli package is in their cart, they can determine if t he ham is in the pot. They could then interview the ham snack subject to determine motivation and execution. Soon word will get around to local ham thieves and they will move their criminal activity to another store. Unless, of course, its and employee.

• denise

Leave a note asking for any 'waste' to be disposed of into the bin provided, and hope that they 'get the message'.

A web search came up empty, but my best (wild) guess is that your store sells ready-made sub sandwiches, which contain ham and other meats. There are cultures, such as Muslim or Orthodox Jews, that forbid eating products from a pig, so employees or customers remove the ham so they can eat the rest of the sandwich. Maybe they use the sink to rinse off whatever the ham came in contact with. Again a wild guess, but leaving the ham in the sink assures it will be quickly found and properly disposed of, as opposed to being buried in a trash can for a long period.

• I think you should ask management why theres ham in the sink