Lôn
Lôn asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 1 month ago

If a comment is reported and removed do you lose 10 points or is that just for questions and answers?

• Best answer

No you don't - which is kind of stupid really.

I have always wondered that myself, there seems to be no punishment for typing offensive comments under people's answers. So you can get away with typing up rants in the comments section, apparently.

• .

Comments don't count here at all. No points gained for lost for posting them or having them removed. Users who frequently post inappropriate comments can have their accounts reported (but there's no guarantee action will be taken).

The comment feature was another addition by YA years ago, that is more often abused than used as it was designed.

• Daniel

If its your Comment yes you lose 10 Points

• .

No, Daniel. You lost 10 pts if your ANSWER or QUESTION is reported and removed. No points are associated with comments (posts made under someone else's answer) at all.

• Zirp

No you don't, and that's why you can't appeal the deletion either

That's just for questions and answers. You do not get points for comments on answers. Verizon may have changed the policy, but I doubt they have done that.

• Mr. Right

You clearly did not read his question. He said "Do you LOSE 10 points," he never mentioned anything about gaining them... I won't bother thumbing you down though, I'm sure your stalkers will take care of that.

• Brian

You realize that YA points aren't redeemable for cash, right?

• Laredo

No you do not lose points for a comment that is removed. Losing points is all down to questions and answers on this site.