Why did i Receive a job offer email then a rejection email?

Basically i did a walk in interview at this retail place that was hiring during a hiring event. Long story short interview went pretty well. I woke up this morning to check my email and they actually offered me the position 1 hour after interview lol (5PM). I had 24 hours to accept but then I saw an email from them at almost 2 AM telling me they were moving forward? lol what is going on, can you guys make sense of this?

Also i did click on the job offer email and did the whole login to website process and the "conditional" offer was still there ready for me to accept (which i did lol).

Sounds like you got lucky. You don't want to work for a company with that kind of policy.

Because first they offered you then they changed their mind or someone else accepted the job. The first email could have been a mistake too.

Don't worry, if they want you, they have not lost your number and they do not want you to call. Job offers are rarely made by email.

Not unprofessional. They have more important things to do.

• dezhaun1 month agoReport

but that's incredibly unprofessional wouldn't you agree? 

• I would follow up and ask if they're still interested in hiring you.

Or ask whom they've decided to move forward with. If it's not you then move on and apply else where.

They could end up finding some one else that's a better fit or more qualified for the position, even after offering you the job, which was conditional. You should have also asked what the conditions were on the offer.

• Kyle

i would call the interviewer or recruiter and ask them directly. doesn't seem professional they give you a job offer than a couple hours later they are moving in another direction.

• H

They found a more qualified candidate.

Cruel world.

Gli ospedali necessitano di donatori di organi