Brian
Lv 5
Brian asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 1 month ago

Are people becoming more ignorant, selfish and rude ?

I work a job that takes me to different branches of stores, as a result i dont know some of the staff but clearly wearing company uniform i will say hi if i pass them, most times i will get a hi back but on several occasions i have gotten complete silence from them, i also see this on the road driving, i may let a pedestrian cross if safe and possible and many times will not get a simple wave thums up or smile as a thank you (basic good manors no?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

definately more ignorant. or maybe they were already that way.....

• 1 month ago

yes--as you can see from some of the answers given--a lot of people have their own agendas and don't concern themselves with anyone else's needs. I think we are living in a world where narcissism is becoming the norm.

• Cas
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

It is very rude if someone doesn't say "Hi" back.

• 1 month ago

sounds like they are

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

In this fast-paced world, many people are seemingly more heavily focused on themselves with little or no regard for those around them. For some, there is a perceived sense of entitlement and expectation, and for some, they simply do not care about how their behavior/attitude may impact on others.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

That is Atheism! 

ALL that do Beleive in GOD have lives filled with LOVE and do beleive in obeying Bussiness Good Manners.Now days even store managers are having people that fall down removed from their store, forcibly removed from their stores even with police! Just ask a sales person to help you find an item, and they tell to look for yourself and turn back to the other sales person they were chatting with. 

Stores are closing up more and more!  More and More are shopping on the Internet instead! 

• bluebellbkk
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

So when someone doesn't say 'Hi' back to you, you ask them if they're an atheist? And they always say Yes? Horsefeathers.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

People are loosing the ability to compromise. Why.

Lots of reasons from upbringing , to technology . Technology is isolating us and dividing us.

• 1 month ago

Only the republicans.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.