Joe asked in HealthMen's Health · 1 month ago

Up to what age can I decide circumcision for my son? And should i?

I'm a father and only parent to my 7 year old son and 6 year old, 6 year old has been living with me  full custody since his mother went to prison, she left to Tennessee before he was born so this is the first I've seen him 3 weeks ago, I found out just today that he is uncircumcised, he was itching allot so I took a look and is a little patchy red at the underside tip, he has a dress appointed monday but only for checkup and to establish a doctor for when he gets sick and shots, I'm going to have him check this but my biggest concern is do I honestly have the choice to have him circumcised? Not sure what the doctor will say but I did basic research and it seems he has a stuck foreskin, the inflammation is very slight I in effort to clear it up used a water pick on low with warm water to try to clean around but it doesnt roll back, I explained to him that his brother had circumcision and myself, and that he might need it he's been hounding me since about it scared so I told him he wouldn't need it, any advice is appreciated as I really don't know how to explain to him (if he needs to be circumcised) and what I need to decide, I'm not sure if his mother bathed him and if maybe she cleaned it for him and perhaps him being here three weeks showering by himself or with his brother lead to this or not but I did tell him he needs to keep it cleaned. Would any of you suggest I have him circumcised if I have that choice still just because his brother and myself are? 

• ron h

using a water pic on his dik? I think not. I think you're fantasizing. I had a long answer typed but reread your "question" and noticed the fantasy. Never mind. No answer is appropriate.

• Joe3 weeks agoReport

You need to nmbe arrested for that comment you know how much balls it took me to ask? What an idiot you are my dear friend, my entire family have all been v
      Circumcised this is embarrassing to ask for anyone!!! Noy my fantasy to have my little boy circumcised!! But an necessity in today's times

• alan P

Just because your son's foreskin is slightly inflamed is no reason to have it removed.  There is a strong tradition in the United States of circumcising boys for no medical reason.  Cynics would say that its just one more thing that doctors can charge for.  If the foreskin really is excessively tight then just removing the end could be enough to ease it without taking the whole thing off.

• Josie

At age 7 unless it is Life or Death, it is not your decision.

Few boys are retractable at his age = a cream may deal

with the infection. Doctors make a lot of money from

circumcisions so suggest it or even recommend it..

It is his body not yours.

Try a less invasive cure first.

It's his penis, it should be his decision. I hate my mom so much for mutilating my penis. I mean like seriously why would you make a decision like that about a penis that does not belong to you?

• Bucky

It should be his decision when he is of age.. If you have him circumcised, then you will violate his rights to the security of his person and to autonomy.

The foreskin of a child is not supposed to retract at that age.

The foreskin is self-cleaning. You don't have to do anything but wash the outside of his foreskin as one would wash a finger.

The first person to retract a child's foreskin should be the child himself.

Here is more information:

https://www.doctorsopposingcircumcision.org/for-pa...

• kelvin

you say nothing and let him decide when he is older if he wants it done and it's his penis not your penis

• balan

If the foreskin can be retracted freely circumcision is not necessary. Ensure to clean the retracted foreskin and penis shaft using warm water and soap during bath to avoid accumulation of white deposit called smegma which causes the foul smelling Regards .

• DKG

At that age it is normal to still be adhered. It isn't supposed to be fully retractable until around puberty, or slightly later.

Any age and you should.

Foreskin causes many issues like phimosis, foul odor, smegma, infection etc.

circumcised penis is much healthier and cleaner.

all Muslim 10 year olds get circumcised

Edit: yes please get it done for the boy

keeps the penis clean and no chance

of cancer of the penis later

he will bless you all his life

doctor may give anesthesia via canola

in palm of hand just as it is given for colonoscopy

which knocks a patient out for an hour or so

after the procedure stop all sweets for the boy

for 15 days [ask any diabetic why sugar prevents healing]

give boy Vit C tab daily to chew as it helps

in the healing process

• ron h

I've never heard of canola as an anesthetic. Dunno. I'd take a surgeons advice for aftercare for anything. (I suppose reduced sugar couldn't hurt anything)

Your son might make a few decisions for you, when you get older. Maybe you should let your son decide the fate of his parts?

• ron h

Turns out that uncut old men have dik problems. A friend of mine recently told me of a 75 year old uncle who was cut recently.