Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender & Women's Studies · 2 months ago

Is it wrong that I don't take a womans opinion and advice as seriously as a man?

From my life experience most women present themselves as naive and no sense of reality which often leads them to having poor judgement.

We all tend to act out of our own life experiences so it's not "wrong" per se. It's just that in ignoring 51% of humanity you might miss out on some valuable knowledge.

• Dr. D

You sound as if you come from a primitive country where people are poorly educated. In more developed countries we find that females do better in school than males. More females get college degrees than men, and there are more female physicians than males. 

Females might not think the same way as males. They are not as assertive, or aggressive, and tend to be more naive. Nevertheless, females seem to be more sensitive to the feelings of others, and insightful toward human behavior. 

You should treat females with more respect.

• Bill

Look back before feminists won in their fight to advantage girls in 1973 and you will find that boys actually did better than girls in school by a wide margin.

• Elana

Well, your life experiences do not agree with MOST people's. You are free, of course, to live your life by them, and we're just as free to laugh at you when it gets you into trouble.

• Elana

There are some who actually enjoy it. Would you deprive them of it? No, I am not going to tell men what to want, but it sure seems like you are.

It's sexist, never mind your entitled to your own opinions and who are we to judge you. I think your opinion is outdated, so therefore you are old fashioned.

• Dooby

No. Just more logical.

Yes, I'd say it's wrong. Look at your audience though, are the woman your judging from a scholarly pool or the ladies you meet around a pool table at a dive bar. Or trophy wives at a golf tournament? What about the few woman wildland firefighters that just graduated with a masters degree in forestry? I dont think it's the sex that has poor judgment, I think it's the population where you draw your sample from

• Bill

I really don't take anyone's advice seriously unless I see a reason to do so. If some random Jane or John comes up and gives me advice I'm likely going to ignore it entirely because I see no reason to consider their opinion on anything seriously.

Wisdom has something to say about that.

Wisdom calls out in the street,

she lifts her voice in the square,

in the main concourse she cries aloud,

at the city gates she makes her speech:

“How long, O simple ones, will you love your simple ways?

How long will scoffers delight in their scorn

and fools hate knowledge?

If you had repented at my rebuke,

then surely I would have poured out my spirit on you;

I would have made my words known to you.

Because you refused my call,

and no one took my outstretched hand,

because you neglected all my counsel,

and wanted none of my correction,

in turn I will mock your calamity;

I will sneer when terror strikes you,

when your dread comes like a storm,

and your destruction like a whirlwind,

when distress and anguish overwhelm you.

Then they will call on me, but I will not answer;

they will earnestly seek me, but will not find me.

For they hated knowledge

and chose not to fear the LORD.

They accepted none of my counsel;

they despised all my reproof.

So they will eat the fruit of their own way,

and be filled with their own devices.

For the waywardness of the simple will slay them,

and the complacency of fools will destroy them.

But whoever listens to me will dwell in safety,

secure from the fear of evil.”

Females are not of God, they of the Spirits enemy. Once you have consorted and consecrated in them you"ll never see.

Do you think the one who made the ear doesn't hear? You are going to have to give an account for every careless word you speak.

No offense taken, hormones are a *****.