I'm on hiatus from my college program,and I've notified my college to take me off their list for now bc of my finances. They won't. wdid?

What do I do? I fully intend to go back when I get my finances in order,and I've told them I would contact them when that happens. It's just 're upping' harassment at this point.

2 Answers

  • 12 months ago

    I'm not sure what you mean by "take you off their list." Perhaps they don't, either.

    Write to them and tell them you need a year "leave of absence" for financial reasons.

    A year is typically the maximum time most four-year colleges and universities will let you stay enrolled without taking classes (community colleges and other open-enrollment colleges typically don't care). If the end of your year approaches and you're still not ready to pay for classes, then you can ask for an extension. If they refuse, you'll probably have to re-apply to begin attending again.

    Meanwhile, speak to the financial aid office about getting additional support.

  • 12 months ago

    You don’t get your name removed unless you transfer or drop out. If you’re on a leave year, you’re still considered a student.

    You shouldn’t have to pay for tuition since you didn’t register for any classes.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.