There's no water. There's no housing. So why is Australia taking another 400 more migrants today?

• Fred

Where I live we have a 5% Indian population. it seems many of them come to Australia to go to our universities where they gain qualifications where they are supposed to improve Australia with those qualifications, but many seem to get their residency then go get factory jobs and the university education was used to beat our immigration system. They take the jobs less educated Australians would do. If Australia is going to accept so many immigrants I think they should do what they are qualified to do or go back to where they came from. Most others should be forced to live out in rural areas where people are needed to keep towns going.

I have also seen in the cities refugees who seem to be grabbing all the cheaper accommodation. They cram families in a flat designed for 2 or 3 people. We have a street near me which is full of rented flats and there are Indians in every flat. I have to be careful driving down the street as they are all walking on the road or sitting out the front of their flats.

I am not a racist but I feel we are allowing these people to abuse our immigration system. Our major cities are breaking down with congestion and lack of water. and house prices are screaming up as houses are becoming scarcer.

• dj

They are needed to do the jobs the locals are not interested in.

Because for these same people its all about environmental sustainability and fighting racism.

There is hope that they will fix Australia’s problems and help develop the country. They have to bring in foreigners because the locals have all given up.

immigration drives economic growth ..... what we need to tell the politicians is we don't want economic growth that way. What we want is reduced immigration and more selective immigration by whites only .

oh really.. that's mental if true