How come some people can't bear to be around very nice people?

I don't understand why they're annoyed being around people who are very nice towards others.

• Dv8s

People who can't stand to be around nice people, generally aren't very nice people themselves, and in comparison it reveals more than they can stomach.

well for me, i've learned the nicest, politest, most popular people are the fakest, most selfish, shallowest people

They think it means they have to be nice too, so that's why they start saying the other person must have an ulterior motive, blah blah blah. Because THEY would if they were nice.

• "Nice" often comes with a hidden agenda.

Because they aren't nice themselves? I don't know. But I know if someone is angry and yells at me, and if I were to be nice and walk away, it would piss them off even more.

• patty

they may see the niceness as weakness